Our silicone rubber keypad solutions combine excellent feel, reliability and long life in the most rugged environments. Rubber keypads are used in all industries and can be found in point of sale terminals and households, and are popular in the medical and automotive industries.
Nelson-Miller’s traditional silicone keypads have served the industry for over 22 years and our experience allows us to offer a wide range of competitive products with enhanced options. Enhanced options for our silicone rubber keypads include, epoxy encapsulation, multi-hardness materials for improved feel and performance, hard key feeling, a large choice of finishes – including high gloss – and fiber optic backlighting options with laser etched graphics.
SILICONE RUBBER KEYPAD FEATURES
Silicon keypads support multiple printed and molded colors, spray, textures and graphic backlighting effects. These solutions provide a soft feel silicone rubber key-top hardness range from 30 to 90 shore A, and are flexible in size and shape to meet all customer design needs. Switch contact solutions range from low cost carbon pill printed on rubber pad (typically less than 2000 hms) to high performance co-molded gold pill (typically less than 10 hm).
Nelson-Miller silicone rubber keypad solutions provide diverse benefits:
- Cost Effective
- Variety of decoration finishes, textures and metallic color effects in positive print, negative print and laser etching
- Silicone key height 15.0 mm or more, and use of key-top if required
- Sharp corner radius 0.5 mm
- Integrated tactile feeling by designing appropriate rubber web
- Can be molded with conductive pills, assembled with polyester or metal dome arrays for electrical contacts
- Allows graphics with and without backlighting
Our engineering teams are at your service to assist you in defining your next solution. Please feel free to request a quote or get in touch with us for support.